Here at Sea Breeze we are privileged enough to live in a beautiful part of the Country, with rugged coastline,
unspoilt countryside and beautiful beaches. Our dilemma is that we rely on attracting more visitors to share this
with us, this in turn impacts on the environment, clearly we have a responsibility to minimise our impact. We are therefore committed to;
- Using resources efficiently without compromising your health or welfare.
- Ensuring that we provide information to help/encourage you to act in the most environmentally way possible; on local transport, local wildlife and nature and local restaurants sourcing local food for instance.
- Energy efficiency measures. We use energy efficient light bulbs, radiator thermostats and would encourage you to turn off lights and appliances when not in use to help us reduce our consumption.
- Saving water, we have showers in all our bathrooms, we use water hippos in our loos and we only use rain water to water the garden, which we collect in water butts.
- Recycling, please use the COAST bags in your room to put any paper, plastic bottles, glass, cardboard e.t.c. which we will recycle for you.
- Supporting local producers and services. We are happy to provide advice and suggestions on good places to source local produce, crafts etc so you get the best from your visit to Cornwall. We use local Cornish produce wherever possible and employ local services/craftsmen too. Please also feel free to use the COAST bags in the porch for all your local shopping.
- Encouraging wildlife. We have bird feeders, nest boxes and other wildlife habitats in and around the garden. We have a wildlife diary in the breakfast room, where we would encourage you to note any sightings.
- Using environmentally friendly products. Where possible we use recycled products, such as paper, refuse sacks. We use cleaning products that are phosphate and toxin free.
Thank you for taking the time to read this and do let us know if there is anything that you can share with us to help us reduce our impact on
the environment. The above is not exhaustive and we see this as a continuous programme of improvement, overall we believe we are moving in the right direction!